Sunday, September 09, 2007

Changes in status

Four days after my last post it happened; Olli kneeled in front of me, and asked THE question! All I could do was to nod like an idiot, and mumble "yea!".

So, we're engaged now - and our wedding will be on 4.10.2008! I know it's still a long time away, but anyhow some preparations has already been made: the location for the party is reserved, an idea on the wedding dress is delegated on, hair- and make-up appointments are booked and best man's and maid's of honor are recruited.

About the dress; I just got unbeliavably lucky on that! Olli's parents' god daughter has studied design in Austria (if I remember right), and she's currently working for Mark's&Spencer in London. When she heard about the wedding, she asked Olli's mum if there'd be any chance for her to design a dress for me.
I know, it's a tough one, eh?!?!
So, she stopped by our office before heading back to London to take some measurements - and now I'm waiting for some first drafts of the dress she might have in mind for me! Due to this project, I guess I have to visit London a few time before the wedding. Too bad, I know!
***
Ok, but back to normal life - the wedding is - after all - over a year away!
Work is back on (boring) and I'm also trying to make an effort to lose all the summer-flab I managed to gather during those lazy days. And during the party-bonanza after my vacation (7 weekend's before this one has been more or less boozing :( ). So, now I'm on Weightwatchers (we have a group at work) and really struggling to make an effort on the sport-scene.
School starts again tomorrow - luckily I only have german for the firs quarter (Katja, any help available???). In late October there'll be two more courses starting - with two exams I intend to take. So, maybe this fall I get "lucky" with that burn-out? ;)

I hope someone still stops by here once in a while - even though my update-cycle is somewhat slow... ;)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home