Monday, October 30, 2006

Back to basics

... which basically means that back to close-to-zero-degrees-temperatures...

In other words: fall has found Finland. For past few weeks it's been more and less rainy and f**king cold. And it's not gonna get any better, since that zero will be broken on wednesday the latest. Here in Helsinki, I mean. Up in Lapland it's already winter-wonderland.

But. Enough on the weather. It's just so easy to write about the weather, because it's so amazing to me too... this year has been just insane weather-wise. This hot-hot-hot summer that we had, was totally unheard of --- and now it's such a cruel return to reality. Also, I'm living in Helsinki now - and as a inland-girl, I'm not used to this "oceanic" climate, which basically means wind, rain, damp air and merciless currents. I'm actually totally freaked out when I even think about this approaching winter, since I'm used to piles of snow, freezing temperatures and icy roads... but here, I've been told, winter is more about slush, slushy rains, slushy winds and cruel breezes from the Baltic Sea... that's why I'm constantly talking about the weather.

Now. REally. Enough on the weather!

My routines have pretty much settled now, since school's on, as well as work and everyhting else. I'm constantly feeling guilty, no matter what I do - since, to take a class, I have to leave the office. And to do my job, I have to skip lectures. To see my boyfriend I have to travel to Tampere. And to hang out with my friends I'd have to stay in Helsinki for weekends... not to mention my family, which is in Jyväskylä...
So, I'd need a look-a-like or smthg to manage all my responsibilities. But, you all know what I actually do... ya, I just skip classes and try to pass the exams anyways. And I hook up with my friends on weeknights and try to catch a glimpse of my parents while they're in Helsinki. So, as Alanis said: "life has a funny way of helping you out when you think everything's going wrong and everyhting blow's up in your face..."

Nothing much, then, has happened... I'm trying to organize my life to be able to visit Katja, but somehow it seems like a mission impossible. Not the visit, but the organizing part... ;) I will give you a promise, though: I will visit. Sooner or later - and due to these early burn-out symptoms I'm starting to experience, I'd bet on that sooner-part. ;);)

Now I'll go home to do my laundry... sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home